An exciting opportunity has arisen within St. Mary’s parish, Purley on Thames, for a Children, Youth and Families Facilitator. St. Mary's has an excellent track record of working with children, young people and families and this is an area of growth and innovation we are keen to expand. The primary focus of this role is to lead existing volunteers and teams in nurturing young people within our church community and to develop outreach to children, youth and their families in our parish.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with children and youth in a supportive capacity and will share the vision of the church, Connecting People with God. We are seeking someone with strong pastoral skills who will enhance our current ministry whilst bringing fresh vision and missional thinking to reach our community in new ways. The role will necessarily require working most Sundays along with some evenings and Saturdays. In return, we offer an attractive remuneration package, which includes 20 days annual leave entitlement, reimbursement of incidental expenses and automatic enrolment into a contributory pension scheme.
There is an expectation that the successful candidate will also be a regular attender at one of our two Sunday congregations.
- Responsible to: The Rector, as line manager.
- Accountable to: The Parochial Church Council, St. Mary's Purley.
- Place of work: St Mary’s church and its parish; some ad hoc travel may be required.
- Hours: full time post, 37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks; the post holder will be expected to work during term time + 2 weeks of the school holidays (exact timings to be discussed); annual leave of 20 days can be taken outside of these weeks; there is a requirement to work most Sundays, and both days and evenings, with one designated free day per week.
- Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum (depending on experience) with accommodation in parishioner’s home, if required; reasonable work expenses paid; eligible employees will be auto- enrolled on a contributory pension scheme.
- Opportunities: There may be opportunities for further personal development and we would be open to supporting further study and/or training.
- Dates: Subject to discussion (October/November 2019 preferable).
- Contract: 1 year. Extension of contractual term desired but linked to sources of funding. (Probation period 3 months).
- Termination: 6 weeks for both parties (2 weeks during probation period).
- Closing Date for Application: Monday 9 September.
- Interview Date: w/b Monday 16 September.
If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please call: Revd Dr David Archer on 0118 942 4390.
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a Christian.
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Mandatory Safeguarding training will be required to be completed.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references.